The Master of Science in Accounting program offered at the Kent State University also emphasizes the development of communication, interpersonal and analytical problem-solving skills through the use of case studies, team and individual projects and accounting and auditing computer applications.
Students will also meet the education requirements to sit for various other accounting certifications.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to :
- Take and pass the Uniform CPA Examination.
- Obtain a position in the accounting profession.
- Analyze, evaluate and report on complex accounting and economic transactions using the accounting framework.
- Apply research and analytical skills to solve accounting problems.
- Analyze the issue, apply an ethical framework and develop a resolution, given an ethical dilemma in an accounting setting.
- Effectively communicate using oral and written communication skills in a business setting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Accounting Systems
- Corporate Accounting
- Income Taxation
- Nonprofit Accounting Auditing
- Professional Issues and Ethics in Accounting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
at least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesAccounting View 629 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 accounting GPA, if applicable
- Official transcript(s)
- Minimum 500 overall GMAT, minimum 40th percentile in verbal and quantitative sections1
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
International21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 USD per year during 12 months.
National21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11766 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.