The purpose of this Technical Writing (Distance Learning) programme at University of Limerick is to equip graduates with the skills needed to design and develop multimedia content and technology-enhanced learning solutions. The need for this type of expertise is expanding rapidly as more and more companies and institutions use information and communication technologies (ICTs).
On successful completion of the programme, graduates can:
- Write clear, correct, precise content.
- Use multimedia applications.
- Design and deliver online learning materials and environments.
- Evaluate instructional tools and programmes.
- Deploy and use Web 2.0 technologies to collaborate.
- Manage complex writing and design projects.
- Communicate effectively in online and face-to-face environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Professional & Technical Communication & Information Design
- Theory of Technical Communication
- Workplace Issues in Technical & Professional Communication
- Content Development & Information Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prior experience working as a technical writer or instructional designer will be an advantage, and students lacking a formal degree can apply to be considered through APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning).
- Applicants must have a high standard of written English.
- ECDL-level computer experience is a requirement, i.e. thorough familiarity with Word (advanced features), Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet. Candidates must have access to the Internet, as much of the programme is delivered online.
- English proficiency
International4504 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2252 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA1632 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 816 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.