The Human-Computer Interaction program of Rochester Institute of Technology provides the knowledge and skills necessary for conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and evaluating software applications and computing technologies for the benefit of the user, whether the user is an individual, a group, an organization, or a society. Human, technological, and organizational concerns are interwoven throughout the curriculum and addressed in team- and project-based learning experiences.
Explore the design methods, evaluation, and implementation of interactive computing systems for human use. Building on decades of research in psychology and human behavior, the human-computer interaction master’s degree focuses on the skills needed by user-experience researchers and computing professionals, including observing how people interact with websites and software and the design new technologies to help them accomplish their goals. With computing moving rapidly away from the traditional desktop, companies need professionals that understand how evolving technologies can be designed to be intuitive, effective, and compelling for users.
HCI research is driven by technological advances and the increasing pervasiveness of computing devices in our society. With an emphasis on making computing technologies more user-friendly, HCI has emerged as a dynamic, multifaceted area of study that merges theory from science, engineering, and design—as well as concepts and methodologies from psychology, anthropology, sociology, and industrial design—with the technical concerns of computing.
Typical Job Titles
- Usability Analyst
- Human Factors Engineer
- Web Designer
- Information Architect
- User Experience Designer
- Usability Specialist
- Interaction Designer
- Research Methods
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Information and Interaction Design
- Usability Testing
- MS Human Computer Interaction Capstone Proposal
- Fundamentals of Instructional Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Priority deadline: February 15
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 1094 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Rochester Institute of Technology and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete an online graduate application. Refer to Graduate Admission Deadlines and Requirements for information on application deadlines, entry terms, and more.
- Submit copies of official transcript(s) (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work, including any transfer credit earned.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or US equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Refer to Application Instructions and Requirements for additional information.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.