The Master in Bioinformatics at North Carolina State University will focus on all quantitative aspects of genomic science—mathematical, statistical and computational analysis.
Theoretical research will focus on applications of genomic data in areas such as:
- human identification for forensic and parentage issues
- varietal protection of plants
- detection of genes affecting disease and those affecting economic traits in plants and animals
- prediction and determination of the structure of proteins
- gene discovery
- sequence alignment
- characterization of functional and structural domains in DNA sequences
- reconstruction of the evolutionary history of modern species
- characterization of the structure of human and other populations
- quantification of the extent of genetic diversity in natural and domesticated species.
- Functional Genomics
- Genomics Journal Club
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Computational Methods for Molecular Biology
- Experimental Statistics
- Bioinformatics Consulting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Molecular Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 238 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at North Carolina State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Personal Statement (you may also include a CV or resume)
- All Transcripts (originals are not required for application purposes)
- GRE scores
- TOEFL / IELTS
- Three Recommendations
International30906 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30906 USD per year during 24 months.
National30906 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30906 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Raleigh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.