Students in the master's and doctoral degree programs in Civil Engineering from Michigan State University may pursue advanced study in the areas of structures, fluid mechanics and hydraulics, geotechnical engineering, pavements, and transportation.
- Thermodynamics of Solids
- Advanced Rate Theory and Diffusion
- Advanced Theory of Solids
- Electron Microscopy in Materials Science
- The courses in the final program of study are subject to the approval of the guidance committee.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Physics View 71 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Michigan State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete the College of Engineering Supplemental Application
- Application fee of $50.00 US
- Three letters of recommendation
- A written Academic Statement.
- A written Personal Statement
- One official copy of transcripts from all previous universities attended.
- Applicants should have or be close to receiving a BS or MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or a closely related field.
- An official copy of your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results.
- Applicants that wish to be considered for a teaching assistantship position must submit scores from the Test of Spoken English (TSE) or the SPEAK test. MSU will offer the SPEAK test at two locations in China for Chinese applicants.
- A Statement of Financial Proof.
International29850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29850 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National29850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29850 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.