Population Health is the process of applying social and behavioral science principles to education and environmental change that empowers individuals and groups to take control of and improve their own health. MPH specialists at University of Massachusetts Lowell combine knowledge of social and behavioral sciences to create and carry out successful public health interventions to promote population health. The goal of this specialization is to educate practitioners who have a broad foundation of the fundamental principles of public health with a focus on program planning and evaluation.
The Population Health specialization of the MPH program will prepare graduates to:
- Find, understand, and apply relevant public health literature;
- Design and implement programs that improve public health by fostering change in individual behaviors, environmental conditions, and social policy;
- Evaluate public health programs through data collection and analysis
- Engage individuals and communities in discussion and decision-making to clarify shared public health goals
The 6-credit MPH practicum will provide students focusing on population health with applied experience in health promotion and disease prevention. Examples include collaborations in planning, implementing, and evaluating public health campaigns at Federal Agencies, state and local health departments, hospital settings, community health centers, social service agencies, and non-profit public health organizations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Social and Behavioral Determinants of Health
- Health Policy and Management
- Introduction to Biostatistices
- Introduction to Environmental Health
- Public Health Program Planning & Development
- Evaluation Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesPublic Health View 794 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Online Application form with signature.
- Felony Disclosure Form
- Certified copies of university academic transcripts and final degree certificate.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score ONLY).
- Three signed letters of reference – academic or professional.
- Statement of purpose (student’s full name clearly stated on each page).
- Original Bank Statement/Financial Documents (no older than 6 months), if the bank statements are not in student’s name, please provide a letter of support
International26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.