The Master of Music Education, leading to Initial Licensure, is the graduate segment of the music teacher preparation certification program at the University. Upon completion of the M.M. Ed. (Teaching Certification) degree program, students may file an application to the Massachusetts Department of Education for Initial Licensure and become fully certified teachers in Massachusetts.
The Master of Music in Music Education (Research Thesis/Project Track OR community Music Option) at University of Massachusetts Lowell provide advanced study of music teaching and learning and professional preparation for those engaged in or aspiring to a career as a music educator.
The Master of Music in Music Education has two non-certification options consisting of the research-based Research Thesis/Project track for fully-certified music teachers who are seeking professionalization and the Community Music option which serves to broaden the definition of music education to include other venues beyond public school teaching such as community outreach programs, arts organizations and educational media.
All of the programs are designed to facilitate students' growth and development as leaders in the profession of music education; as creative problem solvers and innovative thinkers; as individuals who love music and the arts and utilize their knowledge of and enthusiasm for music to inspire students; and as contributors, through research, to the profession and discipline of music education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Music Education - Socio-Cultural Influences
- Foundation of Music Education
- Curriculum Design in Music Education
- Research in Music Education
- Teaching Diverse Populations
- Adolescent Development & Behavior
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesEducation Music View 975 other Masters in Music in United States
- Completed Online Application form with signature.
- Felony Disclosure Form
- Certified copies of university academic transcripts and final degree certificate.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score ONLY).
- Three signed letters of reference – academic or professional.
- Statement of purpose (student’s full name clearly stated on each page).
- Original Bank Statement/Financial Documents (no older than 6 months), if the bank statements are not in student’s name, please provide a letter of support
International26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.