Understanding the Real 'story Behind the Numbers'
Today, the majority of firms operate internationally, whether that entails limited regional exporting or extensive sales or supply chain operations in foreign markets. Is the ability to manage complex international operations, while focusing on the well-being of all stakeholders, core to your ambitions and interests?
In the Master International Management programme at Utrecht University you will focus on:
- Effective and ethical management in a complex international environment;
- The interaction between the economic environment, economic policy, financial markets and financial institutions in an international business context;
- Corporate social responsibility, ethics and human behaviour, and intercultural sensitivity as key to international management;
- The role culture and incentives play in the behaviour of individuals, firms and governments;
- Developing the ability to flexibly adjust to, and effectively operate in, any new international working environment in many different fields and organisations.
The MSc in International Management provides you with:
- the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for a professional career in international management;
- broad training in international managerial economics;
- deep understanding of the interaction between the economic environment, economic policy, financial markets and financial institutions from an international business perspective;
- a clear understanding of the role culture and incentives play in the behaviour of individuals, firms and governments;
- excellent analytical, social and communication skills;
- a sustainable vision of management in which all stakeholders’ needs are recognised and taken into account;
- a qualification that is highly sought-after in today’s globalised world of business and management.
The Master in International Management prepares you to work in a global corporate environment in which you will use your new knowledge and skills dealing with issues such as global marketing and finance, supply chain management, cross cultural management, and foreign market entry strategies.
The multidisciplinary approach of this and all U.S.E. Master’s programmes, along with a high level of internationalisation, offers you advantages in your international management career.
As a graduate of this programme you will find that you are well prepared for a range of different careers. Graduates from the programme have gone to work in a number of different institutions and sectors.
Accredited by the NVAO - Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Empirical Economics
- Topics in Corporate Finance
- International Strategic Management
- Strategy and Innovation
- Multinational Corporate Finance
- Business Analytics (Research Project)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Management, Organisation & Leadership International Business View 114 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BSc of a research university in Economics or Economics and Business Economics preferably with some degree of specialisation in International Management. The International Office assesses all international credentials according to the credential evaluation criteria of the Nuffic (the Netherlands Organisation for international cooperation in Higher Education), and advises the Admissions Committee on this subject.
- A good command of English.
- You must have solid and demonstrable knowledge in the following fields: Microeconomics, Econometrics or Advanced Statistics, Mathematics, Corporate Finance and Macroeconomics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17280 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17280 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.