The master's degree program in Geoenvironmental Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell encompasses soil mechanics theory and applications in the fields of foundation and soil engineering.
Course work emphasizes the engineering behavior of soil, soil property determination and the use of advanced soil mechanics theory and soil-structure interaction in the solution of soil and foundation engineering problems. Elementary courses in soil mechanics, statics, strength of materials and fluid mechanics are required as prerequisites for graduate core courses. Students receiving a teaching or research assistantship are required to submit a publishable thesis.
The solution of environmental problems related to soil and/or groundwater often requires knowledge of both Geotechnical and Environmental Engineering. The Geoenvironmental program provides fundamental training in soil mechanics, groundwater hydrology, environmental chemistry, and soil engineering. Course work is offered in each area as well as in courses that combine disciplines generally required in the solution of complex site problems, such as, landfill design, remediation of hazardous waste sites, dewatering and soil improvement.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Soil Mechanics
- Soil Engineering
- Physical and Chemical Hydrogeology
- Environmental Aquatic Chemistry
- Hazardous Waste Site Remediation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology View 207 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Online Application form with signature.
- Felony Disclosure Form
- Certified copies of university academic transcripts and final degree certificate.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score ONLY).
- Three signed letters of reference – academic or professional.
- Statement of purpose (student’s full name clearly stated on each page).
- Original Bank Statement/Financial Documents (no older than 6 months), if the bank statements are not in student’s name, please provide a letter of support
International26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.