Working alongside artists, scholars and media professionals, students engage with the histories and theories of documentary, while working with the tools needed to complete their own major creative projects.
The Documentary Media program at the Ryerson University graduates may be found in diverse occupations including film and television production companies, arts administration, and freelance careers as filmmakers, photographers and new media producers. Other graduates have pursued studies at the PhD level and careers in education.
- 24/7 access to graduate labs/equipment
- Extensive camera, sound and studio resources
- Digital editing, printing and scanning facilities
- Analogue resources
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Media
- Master's Project Development
- Master's Project Production
- Master Class Seminar
- One Advanced Theory elective
- One Communication & Design elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 44 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Canada
- Completion of a four-year undergraduate (or equivalent) degree from an accredited institution
- Statement of interest
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency requirement
International23980 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23980 CAD per year during 24 months.
National10290 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10290 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.