In the Professional Writing programme from Falmouth University, you will immerse yourself in the literary world as part of a lively community of fellow writers and visiting speakers.
Learning from active professionals, you’ll develop skills like genre writing, narrative structure, research and self-promotion. Graduating with a portfolio and an accomplished working style, you’ll be primed to tackle the industry head-on.
- Learn from our team of practising writers, publishers and editors, as well as from visiting industry professionals
- Develop the supporting skills you need to succeed as a writer, including how to pitch your ideas and build an online presence
- Benefit from our industry connections, including our Writers in Residence programme, which has featured Xan Brooks, Wyl Menmuir, Lionel Shriver and Matt Haig
- Experience the atmosphere of Falmouth, surrounded by creatives from a range of disciplines in a region rich with history and literature
- Story, Structure and Form
- Professional Contexts
- Inhabiting Narrative: Character, World and Genre
- Business & Editorial Writing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Creative Writing View 218 other Masters in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We welcome applications from those with relevant equivalent Level 6 qualifications. Our typical applicants hold an undergraduate degree of 2:2 or above, or equivalent experience and a demonstrable interest in the subject.
- We’ll also welcome your application if you have formal or 'certified' learning (such as training courses not run by universities or colleges) and learning from work experience or self-study. This is called Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL), and should have been gained within the last five years, and be equivalent to the learning outcomes of our minimum entry qualifications.
- APL applicants using experience to apply should note there is a £200 application fee for entry with advanced standing or with exemption from specific modules or credit.
International17460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17460 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Falmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.