The Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree, offered by St. John’s University School of Law in Queens, N.Y., provides extensive legal training in the classroom with engaged faculty through hands-on clinical, co-curricular and externship experiences.
The J.D./M.P.A. in Health Administration at the Long Island University (LIU) in Brookville, N.Y., ensures a strong grounding in the principles of health care management and policy. The dual degree provides a comprehensive understanding of the interaction between the law and management arenas.
Health care administration is a growing field in part because the provisions of health services regulation have been substantially expanding. Health care organizations and health care providers, therefore, increasingly need lawyers to assist them in complying with statutes, mandates, rules and regulations. In addition, lawyers are now recognized as members of the health care leadership management team and are sought for input and expertise regarding strategic planning and development endeavors. It can be difficult to break into this field, however, without some educational training and background in health care management and policy. The J.D./M.P.A. dual degree program affords this.
The M.P.A. degree is accredited by NASPAA. The J.D. degree is accredited by the American Bar Association.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Hospitals and Health Care Organizations
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- Legal Aspects in Health
- Gerontology: Processes of Aging
- Long-Term Care Administration
- The Management of Senior Community Programs
- Rehabilitation and Restorative Programs
- Planning and Marketing in Health Care
- Mental Health Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have rolling admissions. As an international student it is important to apply as soon as possible so that you have plenty of time to get your visa.
DisciplinesHealth Administration View 938 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
Applicants to the Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) at LIU Post must submit the following items for admission.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: (non-refundable)
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 from an accredited college or university or successful completion of another master’s degree. Students who do not meet these requirements are welcome to discuss their options for admission with the graduate advisor. Applicants who have attended institutions outside the United States must hold a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
International27279 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1299 USD per credit during 24 months.
National27279 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1299 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.