The 42-credit M.P.A. in Public Administration at the Long Island University (LIU) program examines both practical and theoretical problems and challenges in the field, provides opportunities to improve your administrative skills, and prepare for increasing levels of responsibility and management in public service.
The required foundation courses include “Principles of Public Administration,” “Organizational Theory and Behavior in the Public Sector,” “Computer-based Management Systems” and “The Policy Process in Health Care and Public Administration.”
In the Advanced Core Curriculum you will explore various aspects of public sector administration, including courses like “Human Resource Administration,” “Fundamentals of Budgeting and Finance,” and “Administrative Responsibility and the Legal Environment.” Nine credits of electives and a thesis complete this comprehensive course of study. Students matriculating on a full-time basis can complete this program in just over two years. All MPA courses meet in-person on the LIU Post campus, and are available on both evenings and weekends.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles of Public Administration
- Organizational Theory and Behavior in the Health & Public Sectors
- Economic Environment and the Public Sector
- Analytical Methods
- Performance Management & Information Systems
- The Policy Process in Health Care and Public Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have rolling admissions. As an international student it is important to apply as soon as possible so that you have plenty of time to get your visa.
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 513 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: (non-refundable)
- A bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 from an accredited college or university or successful completion of another master's degree. Students who do not meet these requirements are welcome to discuss their options for admission with the graduate advisor. Applicants who have attended institutions outside the United States must hold a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree.
International1249 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1249 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1249 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1249 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.