With over 50 research groups on campus, Sussex Neuroscience is one of the largest and most interconnected neuroscience communities in the UK. Our areas of expertise include:
- sensory processing
- neural circuits
- synapses and ion channels
The Neuroscience MRes at University of Sussex has a strong research focus. You’ll be taught and supervised by research faculty across the Schools of Life Sciences, Psychology, Engineering and Informatics, and Brighton and Sussex Medical School. A research project in one of our interdisciplinary research groups makes up half of the course credits and gives you the opportunity to gain valuable experience for a career in neuroscience.
CareersThe laboratory experience and research skills you gain on the course will place you in an excellent position to compete for research studentships at leading laboratories in the UK and around the world.
- Intelligence in Animals and Machines
- Mathematics and Computational Methods for Complex Systems
- Molecular Genetics
- Neurobiology of Brain Disorders
- Neuronal Transduction and Transmission
- Skills for Research Bioscientists
- Social Neuroscience
- Topics in Cognitive Neuroscience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Neuroscience Health Sciences View 1116 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should be in a relevant science subject such as neuroscience, biochemistry, biology, biomedical science or psychology. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22975 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11275 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.