In addition to coursework in subject areas ranging from curricular concerns to supervision to school law, you will gain valuable insight from our outstanding team of professors - all of whom are active in their specialized fields.
Under the mentorship of a school administrator, students at the M.S./ED in Educational Leadership at the Long Island University (LIU) will complete a 400-hour, hands-on administrative internship. Upon completion of this program (and successful passage of the New York State School Leadership Assessment) students will be eligible for New York state certification as a School Building Leader and School District Leader.
Candidates for this program must have a bachelor’s degree, permanent or professional state certification in teaching or an educational specialty and satisfactory completion of three years of teaching.
All undergraduate and graduate programs at LIU Post are registered with the New York State Education Department and accredited by the Commission of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- Administrative Core
- Curricular Concerns in Public School Administration
- School Law
- Supervisor In School Setting
- School Business Administration
- School Personnel Administration
- Public School Finance
- Seminar in Youth Problems, Curricular Innovation and the Administration of Innovative Programs
- School District Administration: Problems and Issues
- School Plant Planning
- Collective Negotiations In Education
- Special Education Law For School Administrators
- Administration of Educational Programs for Exceptional Children
- School Organization, Programming and Scheduling
- Leadership and Administration in Multicultural School Settings
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have rolling admissions. As an international student it is important to apply as soon as possible so that you have plenty of time to get your visa.
DisciplinesEducational Psychology Educational Leadership View 400 other Masters in Educational Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission.
- Application fee: (non-refundable).
- Baccalaureate degree and a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Two professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s potential in the profession and ability to complete a graduate program.
- Personal statement that addresses the reason you are interested in pursuing graduate work in this area of study.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International46764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1299 USD per credit during 12 months.
National46764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1299 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.