We help you examine migration processes and their consequences for today’s societies. You’ll explore issues of governance, rights and diversity that shape migrants’ life chances.
You have the opportunity to pursue your interests, exploring topics such as transnationalism, migration and development, governance, human rights, refugees, citizenship, integration and cultural diversity.
Our Migration Studies graduates from University of Sussex are well prepared for PhD research and careers in:
- international organisations and NGOs (such as UNHCR)
- local government authorities
- charities with a migration focus (such as the Refugee Council).
- Migration, Refugees and Wellbeing
- Migration, Rights and Governance
- Refugees, Displacement and Humanitarian Responses
- Transnationalism, Diaspora and Migrants' Lives
- Managing Migration: Law, Governance and Politics
- Migrants and Society: Global Transformations
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Anthropology Sociology View 551 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
- You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should preferably be in a social sciences or humanities subject; alternatively, you should have relevant professional experience or engagement.
International18975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18975 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.