Objectives of the Environmental Law programme offered by the University of Nairobi
- Enable students to have good knowledge of environmental law and equip them with hands-on and relevant skills in environmental governance;
- Provide specialised training for those interested in practising environmental law as a specialised discipline either as drafters, legal advisers, corporate lawyers or legal practitioners;
- Develop a cadre of professionals with skills and expertise to incorporate environmental considerations in all planning and legal instruments
- Promote knowledge and insights for protection of the threshold of sustainability in the utilization or enjoyment of the environment;
- Prepare managers for informed interventions, avoidance and/or settlement of disputes on environmental matters; and
- Offer quality training to prepare those aspiring to pursue scholarship at doctoral, research or teaching levels to ensure inter-generational succession of environmental management experts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Energy Law
- Water Resources Law
- Land Use Law
- Human Rights And The Environment
- Mineral Resources Law
- Legal Issues In Disaster Management
- Environmental Law In Conflict Situations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The common regulations for the Masters Degree of the University of Nairobi shall apply.
The following shall be eligible for admission:
- Holders of a Bachelors degree, Upper Second Class Honours, or equivalent in law, environment, physical, biological or natural resource management and/or social science related fields.
- Holders of Bachelors degree, Lower Second Class, or equivalent in the areas specified in (a) above, plus a Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant field or with two years relevant experience.
- Holders of Bachelors degree, Pass in the areas specified in (a) above plus a Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant field, and two years relevant experience.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 147 USD per credit during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 147 USD per credit during 24 months.
16,000 Kshs per credit
Living costs for Nairobi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.