This International Journalism course at University of Sussex focuses on developing the practical skills and the critical knowledge to help you to reflect on your professional practice in an international context. You’ll learn to:
- understand and debate the broader issues driving news organisations across the world
- be knowledgeable about the functions of journalism in a contemporary environment
- produce copy for a range of platforms including audio, digital and video
- critically evaluate and analyse a range of journalistic outputs and their characteristics.
Our International Journalism graduates possess knowledge and transferable skills relevant to employment in a wide range of areas including, among others:
- the media industries
- public relations
- public services.
- Audio Features
- Digital Journalism
- Journalism in Transition
- Media, Law and Ethics
- Activist Media Practice
- Global News Industries
- New Developments in Digital Media
- Photography: Documentary, Landscape, Politics
- Race, Culture and the Media
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Journalism View 149 other Masters in Journalism in United Kingdom
- You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should be in a relevant social sciences or humanities subject. You can also apply for the course if you don’t have the academic qualifications required, but can show relevant professional/creative skills and experience.
International19775 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19775 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11275 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.