Discuss contemporary social issues, focusing on gender, feminist and queer theory, and methodology.
This Gender Studies course is ideal for you if you:
- seek to develop an existing research interest
- are in a career in which issues of gender play an important role
- wish to explore a broad range of issues concerning gender.
You’ll benefit from the expertise in the Centre for Gender Studies. We look at many areas of gender research, nationally and internationally. We’re intersectional, trans-inclusive and advocate for sex workers’ rights. You’ll also become part of our active student community through the PhD seminar series ‘NGender’ and our strong links with local women’s and LGBT groups.
You’ll study in a lively intellectual environment, giving you the opportunity to network with other students from around the world. The global perspective you’ll gain alongside these networks will be valuable after you graduate.
Our Gender Studies graduates from University of Sussex are well prepared for a range of careers in sectors such as:
- national and local government
- NGO/charity work
- equalities and diversity work within corporations.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Activism for Development and Social Justice
- Anthropological Perspectives on Mind, Madness and Mental Health
- Cinematic Bodies
- Hate Crime and Sexual Violence
- Law, Religion, and Human Rights
- LGBTQI Rights: International and Comparative Perspectives
- Queering Popular Culture
- Techno-Feminism History and Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Cognitive Sciences View 192 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
- You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should be in a social sciences or humanities subject but other backgrounds will be considered. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International18975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18975 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.