Our quantum physics research seeks to transform the way we live and work. Exploration of quantum phenomena has recently led to extraordinary applications of quantum entanglement.
You’ll benefit from the expertise in the Sussex Centre for Quantum Technologies Work in our seven research groups lies at the forefront of realising next-generation quantum technologies with powerful real-world applications. We cover:
- ion-trap quantum processors
- ion-photon interfaces for the projected quantum internet
- quantum simulators
- superconducting quantum circuits
- devices for quantum-enhanced metrology
- photonic devices for quantum systems.
This Quantum Technology course at University of Sussex may be attractive to you if you aim to:
- go on to doctoral study (theory or experiment)
- work in a high-technology company exploiting cutting-edge technologies related to our research (this could involve development of quantum information technology, high-precision measurements and quantum metrology, and photonics/optical communications)
- work in business/data analysis, research, computer programming, software development, or teaching.
- Computational Chemistry
- Data Analysis Techniques
- Further Quantum Mechanics
- Programming in C++
- Programming through Python
- Quantum Field Theory
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPhysics Molecular Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 119 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sussex and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You should normally have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should be in a physics-, engineering- or mathematics-based subject and include a basic background in some of the key areas such as quantum mechanics, quantum electronics, quantum optics, photonics or other related modern physics fields. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22975 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11275 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.