From a competitive perspective, the shift from a manufacturing base to a technology-innovation and knowledge-based economy requires new skills among organizational employees. In conversations with executive staff in major companies in the region we have been told repeatedly that the region's engineers and scientists need to be entrepreneurial. As competition and costs rise, research and development efforts must clearly contribute to business growth and the company bottom line. Thus, companies are looking for technical professionals who can generate new ideas and new businesses. Innovation & Entrepreneurship degree is offered by University of Massachusetts Lowell
Using a combination of class work, case work and real-world project activity, students will:
- Understand and leverage the business opportunities accompanying technology innovation within established companies and through the launch of new ventures.
- Develop an understanding of technology innovation and entrepreneurship from both an academic and applied perspective.
- Learn how to appropriately value and finance technology innovations and new ventures.
- Develop the market research and sales skills necessary to position technology innovations to create competitive advantage.
- Develop the management skills required to identify, launch and execute innovative products, services and new ventures.
- Develop an applied understanding of the regulatory and property law issues accompanying the innovation and entrepreneurship processes.
- Develop the project management and interdisciplinary team skills required to manage in an open collaboration environment.
- Innovation & Emerging Technology
- Market Research for Entrepreneurs
- Financing Innovation & Tech. Ventures
- New Product Development
- Project Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Engineering Management General Engineering & Technology View 1848 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate degree and performance in science, engineering or business (other areas will be considered if the applicant demonstrates significant work experience in a technical field)
- An official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Three letters of recommendation (professional and academic)
- A letter describing the applicant’s professional goals and how earning a MS will assist in their professional development
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries must present a minimum score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 600 (paper-based) or 100 (Internet-based).
International29841 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29841 USD per year during 12 months.
National26990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26990 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State15210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15210 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lowell
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.