The primary focus of the Advanced Materials for Innovation and Sustainability (AMIS) from the University of Bordeaux is metal and mineral raw materials. Bio-based and polymer materials are studied in view of their substitution potential. Other materials are also analyzed in the context of multimaterial product recycling. In addition, the AMIS program includes a solid package of courses and project work in innovation and entrepreneurship.
Strengths of this Master program?
- Develop expertise in the field of innovative and sustainable advanced materials.
- Meet, study and work with relevant academic and non-academic contacts in the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Gain a holistic view on value and process chains.
- Acquire transferable skills through modern teaching methods. These transferable skills include: entrepreneurship, negotiation techniques, intellectual property, problem solving, working cooperatively and creatively, co-designing, and life cycle approaches.
After this Master program?
- As a resource engineer, students may continue in the following fields:
- Freelance and entrepreneurship: Create a business or become a consultant
- Resource industry: SMEs in chemistry, exploration, green energy, machinery and plant construction, metal working industry, ceramics, environmental economy (R&D, product development, management, production, marketing and sales)
- Research: Universities, research institutions, lecturer or managerial position; Circular economy; Production, analytics, management, marketing and sales
- And also: Science journalism, consulting, project development and management, advisor to policy makers, administration, specialist agencies and media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of materials science
- Applied materials
- Modelling tools and materials
- Innovation, business and entrepreneurship
- Advanced functional materials with a specialization in material interfaces, nanomaterials, ceramics or hybrids.
- Master thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Sustainable Energy View 17 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must fulfill the following: › Applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Science/Technology or Engineering (Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science) or its equivalent within the year of application.
- This Master program is taught entirely in English. Students whose native language is not English must pass the TOEFL or IELTS exams.
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3770 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 243 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.