Cognitive Neuroscience degree offered at University of Sussex prepares you for a career in research by offering:
- lectures taught by leading cognitive neuroscientists
- one-to-one expert supervision on your personal research project
- hands-on experience with neuroimaging (fMRI)
- introductions to a vast array of cognitive neuroscience techniques.
You have the opportunity to explore a range of cognitive neuroscience fields – from philosophy of science and research methods to consciousness, addiction and social neuroscience.
This Cognitive Neuroscience MSc at University of Sussex prepares you for a potential career in research and enhances your work-related skills such as critical insight and data analysis.
This course is also relevant if you are interested in clinical psychology or in work in the biomedical sector by providing, for example, an understanding of how brain damage affects cognition.
Our graduates have gone on to pursue PhDs and to careers in industry and medicine.
- An Adventure in Statistics
- Ethics, Philosophy and Methods of Research
- Social Neuroscience
- Topics in Cognitive Neuroscience
- Advanced Statistical Methods in Psychology
- Clinical Psychology and Mental Health (Masters)
- Drugs, Brain and Behaviour
- Neuroscience of Consciousness
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesNeuroscience Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 157 other Masters in Neuroscience in United Kingdom
- You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: Your undergraduate degree should be in psychology or a closely related subject such as neuroscience. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing. You can also apply if you have a qualification from outside the field of psychology.
International22975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22975 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11275 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.