Learning in key professional domains includes service leadership and development, research, commissioning and communication and teaching. The cardiology content of the programme provides comprehensive learning to meet the professional development needs of a wide range of practitioners working in cardiology including: doctors, nurses, paramedics, pharmacists, physiologists and radiographers.
Cardiology degree offered at University of Sussex aims to increase students’ practical and theoretical knowledge of advanced clinical and interventional cardiology, by promoting their exploration of the current evidence for diagnosis and treatment. The course seeks to enable the student to use this evidence toward good practice through focussing on the practical aspects of the care of common cardiac conditions from a medical and patient perspective. In addition, the course aims to promote a wider understanding of the differing profiles and contributory roles of the various health care professionals involved in the care of cardiac patients.
On completion of the course, students will have a broad understanding of cardiovascular medicine combined with a portfolio of advanced research and leadership skills to support the development of specialist interest in cardiology and enhance career opportunities.
- Research Methods and Critical Appraisal
- Communication, Learning and Teaching in Health and Social Care
- Leading and Transforming Services
- Quality, Safety and Service Improvement in Clinical Services
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 963 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- The course is open to post-registration doctors and qualified practitioners in any profession allied to medicine. Those with a first degree will have a minimum of two years’ clinical practice; those without will have a minimum of five years’ post-qualification practice in cardiology. Applicants who do not hold a first degree will initially register for either a Postgraduate Certificate or a Postgraduate Diploma award.
- For international students a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 is required.
International18975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18975 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.