Areas of specialization for graduate research include astrophysics and cosmology, atomic and molecular physics, biological physics, chemical physics, condensed matter physics (theory and experiment), nuclear physics, particle physics (theory and experiment), statistical physics, and low temperature physics.
- Special interdisciplinary research programs include the Institute for Fundamental Theory (carried out jointly with the Department of Mathematics), the Institute for Theoretical and Computational Studies in Molecular and Materials Science (carried out jointly with the Department of Chemistry), the Institute of High Energy and Particle Astrophysics, and Microfabritech (jointly with the College of Engineering).
- A curriculum is offered by the Center for Chemical Physics for students interested in research related to chemistry or chemical engineering. The Center for Condensed Matter Sciences provides opportunities for investigations in a diverse range of subjects and fields, including the Microkelvin Research Laboratory. The University of Florida operates the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory jointly with Florida State University and Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Physical Cosmology
- Physics of Accident Reconstruction and Biomechanics
- Individual Work
- Classical Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Statistical Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences View 594 other Masters in Physics in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.