The Center for Latin American Studies at University of Florida offers the following graduate programs:
- An interdisciplinary Master of Arts degree
- Graduate certificate and advanced graduate certificate in Latin American studies in conjunction with disciplinary degrees in the Colleges of Agricultural and Life Sciences; Design, Construction, and Planning; Business Administration; Education; Fine Arts; Journalism and Communications; Law; and Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Translation Studies Practicum
- Ecological Principles
- Issues and Perspectives in Latin American Studies
- Tropical Conservation and Development
- Conservation and Development Skills
- Tropical Conservation and Development Research Methods
- Design and Methods of Research in Latin American Studies
- Latin American Business Environment
- Latin American Business Topics
- Individual Work
- Seminar in Modern Latin American Studies
- Tropical Conservation and Development Practicum
- Development Theory and Practice in Latin America
- Research for Master's Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 721 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor's degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester in which the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores that are acceptable to the applicant's intended academic unit or, for select programs, at least 465 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). These scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.