- The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences constitutes the intellectual core of the university. Its principal mission is to lead the academic quest to understand our place in the universe, and to help shape our society and environment. The German program is delivered by University of Florida. Academic departments of German studies often include classes on German culture, German history, and German politics in addition to the language and literature component.
- Weimar Cinema
- New German Cinema and its Legacy
- Foundations of Literary Study
- History of the German Novel
- Studies in German Drama and Theater
- Medieval and Renaissance Literature
- From Luther to Lessing: Early Modern German Literature
- German Classical and Romantic Literature
- Young Germany, Biedermeier, Realism, and Naturalism
- Culture and Society in the Weimar Republic
- Modern German Literature
- Contemporary German Literature
- Literature and Culture in the Third Reich
- German Literary Theory
- Seminar in Germanic Languages and Literatures
- Special Study in Germanic Languages and Literatures
- Independent Study
- Supervised Research
- Research for Master's Thesis
- Advanced Research
- Research for Doctoral Dissertation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages View 797 other Masters in Languages in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Florida and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.