School and College Health Education students will be able to:
- Describe the roles and functions of the five core areas of public health.
- Assess needs, assets and capacity for Health Education in the school and college setting.
- Plan health education in the school and college setting.
- Implement health education in the school and college setting.
- Conduct evaluation and research related to health education in the school and college setting.
- Administer and manage health education in the school and college setting.
- Serve as a health education resource person in the school and college setting.
- Communicate and advocate for health and health education in the school and college setting.
Mission for Indiana University Bloomington
Bloomington is the flagship residential, doctoral-extensive campus of Indiana University. Its mission is to create, disseminate, preserve, and apply knowledge. It does so through its commitments to cutting-edge research, scholarship, arts, and creative activity; to challenging and inspired undergraduate, graduate, professional, and lifelong education; to culturally diverse and international educational programs and communities; to first-rate library and museum collections; to economic development in the state and region; and to meaningful experiences outside the classroom.
The Bloomington campus is committed to full diversity, academic freedom, and meeting the changing educational and research needs of the state, the nation, and the world.
- Principles and Foundations of Public Health
- Research in Health, Kinesiology, and Recreation
- Social and Behavioral Determinants of Health
- Philosophy and Principles of Health Education
- Organization of School Health Programs
- Instructional Strategies for Health Education
- Practicum in Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Health Health Education View 3579 other Masters in Education in United States
An applicant with an undergraduate GPA below 2.80 may compensate for the low GPA with a high level of performance in the other admission criteria: GRE, references, and personal statement.
- Undergraduate education and grade point average (GPA)
- Scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for many majors.
- TOEFL scores for students with a primary language other than English.
- Personal statement
International32156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32156 USD per year during 24 months.
National30704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30704 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.