- Students may opt for a general four-field track and an interdisciplinary track. The general track allows students more exposure to the four subfields of anthropology, as well as a specialization within anthropology at the Ph.D. level. The interdisciplinary alternative allows students to combine anthropology with course work and training in some outside discipline. The Anthropology program is offered at University of Florida.
- The department generally requires applicants to have acceptable scores on the GRE (verbal, quantitative, and analytical portions) and a 3.2 overall grade point average based on a 4.0 system. Previous work in anthropology is an asset but not a strict requirement for admission. Potential applicants are urged to visit the website to familiarize themselves with the specializations of our faculty and to indicate in their application those faculty with whom they might work. Barring special circumstances, the Department restricts admission to applicants interested in earning a Ph.D. Students who enter without an M.A. will generally work for their M.A. on the way to the Ph.D. This requires either a formally-defended thesis or written qualifying exams combined with a high-quality paper or research report. With their adviser’s permission, they may opt to bypass the M.A. Knowledge of a foreign language or of statistics may also be required by the student’s supervisory committee.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Florida Archeology
- Maya Archeoastronomy and Ethnoastronomy
- The Inca and Their Ancestors
- Historical Archeology
- Principles of Archeology
- Fantastic Anthropology and Fringe Science
- Rural Peoples in the Modern World
- Economic Anthropology
- Women and Development
- The North American Indian
- Peoples of Mexico and Central America
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Ethnic Studies View 134 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.