- Areas of concentration for the master’s program include athletic training/sports medicine, biobehavioral science, clinical exercise physiology, exercise physiology, and human performance. The Applied Physiology and Kinesiology program is offered at University of Florida.
- The thesis option gives the student an opportunity to study, conduct research, and prepare a thesis in an area of special interest. The non-thesis option offers the student a specialization in a selected area of study, with additional work in other areas. A comprehensive written examination is required for this option, as is a capstone internship experience. Requirements for these degrees are given in the General Information section of this catalog.
- Assessment in Exercise Science
- Sport Psychology
- Practicum in Exercise Physiology
- Physiological Bases of Exercise and Sport Sciences
- Neuromuscular Adaptation to Exercise
- Cardiopulmonary Pathologies
- EKG Interpretation
- Nature and Bases of Motor Performance
- Planning Motor Actions
- Controlling Motor Actions
- Biomechanical Instrumentation
- Biomechanics of Human Motion
- Exercise Psychology
- Performance Enhancement
- Seminar in Exercise Psychology
- Seminar in Sport Psychology: Current Topics
- Directed Independent Study
- Advanced Practicum in Exercise and Sport Science
- Cardiovascular Exercise Physiology
- Environmental Stress Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Metabolism
- Free Radicals in Aging, Exercise and Disease
- Pulmonary Function during Exercise
- Clinical Anatomy for the Exercise Sciences
- Human Pathophysiology for the Exercise Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 509 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.