- The M.F.A. degree prepares students for professional entry in acting, production, or teaching. Placement in the M.F.A. program is determined by audition/portfolio review, academic credentials, and personal interview. Candidates for admission should have adequate training in theatre. Deficiencies may be corrected before beginning graduate study.
- The Theatre program delivered by University of Florida emphasizes the study and practice of theatre as an art and discipline. Students of acting and design study concepts of theatre together while working in their areas of specialization. Focus is on the collaboration and synthesis of theatre artistry. Each incoming class is composed of approximately 12 to 18 students in acting and all design areas.
- Lighting Design Seminar
- Laban Movement Analysis
- Pilates Technique for the Dancer
- Dance Clinical Practice
- African-American Theatre History and Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 741 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.