Livestock are vital to the lives of millions of people, but endemic and epidemic diseases that affect livestock limit productivity and exacerbate poverty.
The diseases that can be transmitted between animals and people also threaten the health of livestock keepers, their families and their communities. In many developing regions farmers and animal health workers are often ill equipped to deal with this risk.
This International Animal Health (Online Learning) programme is affiliated with The University of Edinburgh 's Global Health Academy.
This programme has been designed to enhance your career in animal management throughout the world. Many graduates have used the programme as a route to promotion and/or PhD studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Control of economically important parasites
- New developments in epidemiology and the control of vector borne disease
- Wildlife animal health and environment
- Technology advances in veterinary diagnostics
- Project planning and decision support for animal disease control
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- MSc - 180
- PgDip - 120
- PgCert - 60
- PgProfDev - 50
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Animal Sciences View 491 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in veterinary medicine, agricultural science, biology or a related science discipline.
- We may also consider your application if you have relevant work experience, this may include working in areas related to research, diagnostics, field experience and educational establishments where the focus is on animal health issues; please contact the programme team to check before you apply. You may be admitted to certificate level only in the first instance.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5735 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5735 GBP per year during 36 months.
National5735 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5735 GBP per year during 36 months.
- MSc PT intermittent: 10 credits £960; 20 credits £1,915; 60 credits £5,735
- PgDip / PgCert / PgProfDev PT intermittent: 10 credits £960; 20 credits £1,915
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.