Program concentrations in music include choral conducting, composition, instrumental conducting, musicology, ethnomusicology, music theory, performance, and sacred music. In addition, the School of Music offers the Doctor of Philosophy degree in music and in music education.
The Music degree offered at University of Florida prepares students for careers as teachers in studios, schools, and universities; performers; music historians; music critics; church musicians; composers; conductors; and accompanists
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music and Sound Design for Digital Media
- Introduction to Electroacoustic Music
- Composition of Electronic Music
- Electroacoustic Music Composition: Digital
- Secondary Graduate Composition
- Graduate Composition
- Composition Seminar
- Advanced Seminar in Electroacoustic Music
- Advanced Graduate Composition
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30134 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30134 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12740 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.