At Children's Literature (Distance Learning) from University of Roehampton you will explore the exciting and varied world of children's literature, and examine how texts aimed at young people convey and challenge ideas about childhood. You will work with staff who have international reputations in areas such as philosophy in children's literature, popular fiction, adolescence and young adult fiction, early children's books, and writing for young people.
Graduates of this master's programme typically pursue careers in teaching, writing, children's publishing, librarianship and arts management.
- Critical and Theoretical Perspectives
- Form and Genre 2
- Children's Literature in Translation
- British Children's Literature: Historical Perspectives
- Writing for a Child Audience
- Dissertation OR Creative Dissertation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- National students deadlines - 28 September
- If you are an international student, you should apply as soon as possible.
- MA: 180
- PGDip: 120
DisciplinesEducation Creative Writing Literature View 44 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
- You should usually hold a second-class honours degree (certain programmes may require a 2:1) from a recognised British or overseas university.
- Language requirements
- International Baccalaureate
- European Baccalaureate English
International14867 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14867 GBP per year during 24 months.
National6995 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6995 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.