The Children's Literature (Distance Learning) programme at the University of Roehampton explores he exciting and varied world of children’s literature, and to examine how texts aimed at young people convey and challenge ideas about childhood. You will work with staff who have international reputations in areas such as philosophy in children's literature, popular fiction, adolescence and young adult fiction, early children's books, and writing for young people.
As a distance learner you will have support from the Department, regular contact with your tutors, access to specialist services, and a wide range of e-books and digitised items from the Children’s Literature Collection at the University Library which contains 3,000 critical, theoretical, bibliographical and reference works and approximately 40 specialist children's literature journals.
Possible careers include teaching and librarianship, children’s publishing and arts management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical and Theoretical Perspectives
- Form and Genre 2
- Children's Literature in Translation
- British Children's Literature: Historical Perspectives
- Writing for a Child Audience
- Dissertation OR Creative Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Creative Writing Literature View 25 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
- A good second-class honours degree in English Lit/English Lit combined degree (if you have a degree in another discipline, please provide evidence of literary studies in your transcript or personal statement).
International14151 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14151 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6657 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6657 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- £370 per ten credits (part-time UK/EU)
- £787 per ten credits (part-time International)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.