Micro- and nanotechnologies are the technologies of the present and especially of the future. Innovative microsystems and materials make it possible to manufacture new industrial products and instruments and an accelerated pace.
Engineers who have pursued this option will be capable of profiting from their wide-ranging comprehension of the basic sciences acquired during their training to apply micro- and nanotechnologies in an interdisciplinary field.
The following skills are particularly envisaged with the Engineering - Micro and Nanotechnologies and Innovative Materials from University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland:
- Surface characteristics
- Manufacturing micro- and nanostructures
- Functional surface coatings
- Nano- and microtechnological instrumentation
- Multi-physics simulation
- Design of micro-/nanosystems
- There is a great demand for the skills aimed at in this option in various traditional industries. Market requirements in the following sectors, in particular, have strongly increased: the production of functional or decorative coatings, watchmaking, medical technology, microtechnologies, packaging and micro-electronics.
- Graduates in this option will also be able to work in R&D laboratories for micro- and nanotechnologies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management of Complex Processes
- Global Market and Cross-Cultural Competence
- Privacy and Law
- Corporate Management and Entrepreneurship
- Ethics and Corporate Responsability
- Innovation and Change Management
- Quality and Risk Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Microbiology General Engineering & Technology View 4 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the Master’s degree programmes is restricted to holders of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
International1398 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 699 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA1398 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 699 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
CHF 750 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.