This Equine Science (Online Learning) programme from The University of Edinburgh is the first and only Equine Science programme to be hosted within an international centre of veterinary excellence. It provides students with detailed knowledge and understanding of equine science and its applications and is excellent preparation for enhancing your equine career or future independent research such as a a PhD.
Graduates from this research-rich, taught MSc will be prepared for employment in research establishments, such as universities and research institutions; industry, such as feed companies, stud farms, pharmaceuticals and consultancy firms; government organisations, such as ADAS and DEFRA; and welfare organisations such as the RSPCA, WSPA and WHW.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Certificate and Diploma courses:
- Research Methods in Equine Science
- Equine Digestion and Nutrition
- Equine Behaviour and Welfare
- Equine Orthopaedics
- Equine Reproduction
- Equitation Science
- Equine Exercise Physiology
Your final year dissertation of a maximum of 9,000 words will allow you to analyse and present relevant research data that you have collected yourself. Alternatively, you can undertake desk study to explore and develop your own area of interest.
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- No Attendance
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine View 11 other Masters in Veterinary Medicine in United Kingdom
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in veterinary science or a biological science, with subject areas including zoology, animal/equine science or pharmacology/pharmacy.
- We may also consider your application if you have a science degree that is below a 2.1 qualification, or a degree in a non-science subject, if you hold Level 2 or above British Horse Society qualifications and/or have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with or caring for horses. You may be admitted to Certificate or Diploma level only in the first instance. Please contact the Equine Science Programme team before applying.
International5470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5470 GBP per year and a duration of 72 months.
EU/EEA5470 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5470 GBP per year and a duration of 72 months.
- MSc: 20 credits 20 credits £1,825; 60 credits £5,470
- PgDip, PgCert, PgProfDev: 20 credits £1,825
- Online Learning Scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.