You will learn how to practically apply a scientific approach to benefit:
- horse health
This Equine Science (Online Learning) programme from The University of Edinburgh is the first and only Equine Science programme to be hosted within an international centre of veterinary excellence. It provides students with detailed knowledge and understanding of equine science and its applications and is excellent preparation for enhancing your equine career or future independent research such as a a PhD.
Graduates from this research-rich, taught MSc will be prepared for employment in research establishments, such as:
- universities and research institutions
- industry, such as feed companies, stud farms, pharmaceuticals and consultancy firms
- government organisations, such as ADAS and DEFRA
welfare organisations such as the RSPCA, WSPA and WHW
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Certificate and Diploma courses:
- Research Methods in Equine Science
- Equine Digestion and Nutrition
- Equine Behaviour and Welfare
- Equine Orthopaedics
- Equine Reproduction
- Equitation Science
- Equine Exercise Physiology
Your final year dissertation of a maximum of 9,000 words will allow you to analyse and present relevant research data that you have collected yourself. Alternatively, you can undertake desk study to explore and develop your own area of interest.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Animal Sciences View 18 other Masters in Veterinary Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in veterinary science or a biological science, with subject areas including zoology, animal/equine science or pharmacology/pharmacy.
- We may also consider your application if you have a science degree that is below a 2.1 qualification, or you are an experienced veterinary nurse or farrier, or a degree in a non-science subject, and you hold Level 2 or above British Horse Society qualifications and/or have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with or caring for horses. You may be admitted to Certificate or Diploma level only in the first instance. Please contact the Equine Science Programme team before applying.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1915 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1915 GBP per module during 72 months.
National1915 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1915 GBP per module during 72 months.
- MSc: 20 credits £1,915; 60 credits £5,735
- PgDip, PgCert, PgProfDev: 20 credits £1,915
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.