- The School offers graduate study and research experience in 10 areas of specialization: curriculum, teaching, and teacher education; educational technology; elementary education; mathematics education; language and literacy education (including children’s literature, English education, ESOL/bilingual education, language arts, and reading education); science and environmental education; social foundations of education; social studies education; and teacher leadership for school improvement. The Elementary Education is offered at University of Florida.
- The nationally recognized Proteach graduate program leads to the M.Ed. degree and state certification as a classroom teacher. Unified Elementary ProTeach admits undergraduates who complete the five-year program with a master’s degree. Secondary Proteach (English, Science, Social Studies) prepares teachers who have completed a bachelor’s degree in the discipline they will teach. Prospective elementary teachers who already hold a bachelor’s degree in a non-education field may want to consider the School’s SITE program (Site-based Implementation of Teacher Education), which leads to the M.Ed. degree in curriculum and instruction. Students may apply to the state for alternative certification.
- Writing for Academic Purposes
- Global Studies Methods in K-12 Education
- Instructional Coaching for Enhanced Student Learning
- Meeting the Educational Needs of Students Living in Poverty
- Professional Development and Teacher Learning
- Practicum in Early Childhood Education
- Blended Learning Environments
- Inquiry in Mathematics Teaching
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPrimary Education View 230 other Masters in Primary Education in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.