The Master of Interior Design (M.I.D.) at University of Florida provides opportunities for students to direct their attention toward a variety of topics, including
- Design pedagogy and processes
- Sustainable, safe, and secure environments
- Creative performance and innovation
- Built heritage conservation.
Regardless of the study emphasis selected by the student, the M.I.D. program has a central focus with three categories of course work:
- Design studio
- Seminars in current interior design topics
- Theories and methods of research.
All M.I.D. students must complete an approved research topic with a written thesis. Requirements for the M.I.D. and Ph.D. degrees are given in the General Information section of this catalog.
- Architectural Interiors
- History of Interior Design
- Architectural Interiors
- Architectural Interiors Lab
- Advanced Architectural Interiors
- Interior Design Communication Systems
- Interior Design Construction Documents
- Materials for Interior Design
- Interior Lighting
- Furniture Design
- Advanced Interior Design Detailing and Construction Documents
- Computer Applications in Three-Dimensional Design
- Interior Environmental Technology
- Business and Professional Practices for Interior Designers
- Design Environments and Human Interaction
- Current Topics in Interior Design
- Advanced Topics in Interior Design Studio
- Methods of Interior Design Research
- Independent Studies and Readings
- Supervised Teaching
- Interior Design Internship
- Research for Master's Thesis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , Local
DisciplinesDesign Interior Design View 610 other Masters in Design in United States
- Transcripts and Degree Certificates from every institution you have attended (transcripts should be in your native language (if not originally in English also with an English translation).
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- If your institution only provides one original copy of your degree/transcript, please upload a copy of it with your application and bring the originals with you to show to Admissions should you be accepted.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 36 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.