Global demand for mass spectrometry and chromatography has grown at an unprecedented rate, with qualified graduates in short supply and highly sought after. Your course is designed for the needs of industry and will cover topics such as fundamentals of mass spectrometry and separation science, valid analytical measurement, statistics, data analysis and method development.
Swansea is the only UK institution to offer a scheme solely dedicated to these topics, drawing upon expertise in the Institute of Mass Spectrometry (IMS), based in the Medical School.
- Extensive training in a research-led Institute to improve analytical science skills to professional levels required for the workplace
- A highly practical course and extensive in-house equipment. You will experience more in-depth and ‘hands-on’ learning than most current analytical MRes programmes. Additional project management training in experiment design, health and safety, and laboratory skills are provided in preparation for research, to ensure you are adequately equipped for project work
- Expert industrial guest lecturers. Unique opportunities to network with potential employers and enhanced employability prospects in highly skilled and relevant areas such as pharmaceuticals, agriculture, food and nutrition, homeland security, clinical diagnostics, veterinary and forensic science, environmental analysis, plus marketing and sales, to name a few
- Assessments that encourage transferrable skills essential for employment. Including case studies, problem sheets, data processing and informatics exercises, in addition to the traditional examinations and essay based assignments
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practice-focused learning
- Supervision team with nominated supervisors
- You will draw on skills from the broader academic community
- Programme seminars and workshops
- Collaboration with industry and business partners
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Biotechnology View 128 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants for MRes must normally hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level (or Non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK - £ 2,250
- International - £ 10,650
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.