The M.S. programs also include thesis and nonthesis options. The department also offers a combined Master of Science-Dietetics Internship (MS-DI) program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetic Education (CADE).
- Students who complete this program are eligible to take the national registration examination to become a registered dietitian. Only graduates from a CADE accredited/approved Didactic Program in Dietetics are eligible for the MS-DI program.
- Specific areas of study include nutritional biochemistry/molecular biology, nutrient function/metabolism, medical nutrition therapy/dietetics, nutritional immunology, food processing/engineering, food chemistry/biochemistry, and food safety/microbiology/quality. The Food Science and Human Nutrition program is offered at University of Florida.
- Applicants must have an adequate background in physical and biological sciences and food science or nutritional sciences. Students with specific deficiencies will be required to take prerequisite courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Professional Development in Dietetics
- Problems in Dietetics
- Advanced Dietetic Seminar
- Dietetic Internship
- Dietetic Internship in Sports Nutrition
- Current Issues in Food Safety and Sanitation
- Principles in Food Microbiology
- Food Product Development
- Citrus Processing Technology
- Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals
- Current Issues in Food Regulations
- Sensory Evaluation of Food
- Psychophysical Aspects of Foods
- Advanced Food Microbiology
- Advanced Food Chemistry
- Flavor Chemistry and Technology
- Instrumental Analysis and Separations
- Advanced Food Processing
- Industrial Food Fermentations
- Proteins and Enzymes in Food Systems
- Carbohydrates in Food Systems
- Problems in Food Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Biochemistry View 637 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.