The Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in agricultural and biological engineering are offered in the areas of agricultural operations management and applied science through the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences.
Agricultural production includes development and application of precision agriculture concepts and tools, climate risk in agriculture, pesticide application, robotics and other machine systems and environmental control systems. The Agricultural and Biological Engineering program is offered at University of Florida.
Applications to space agriculture are included in cooperation with NASA at Kennedy Space Center.Biological engineering includes post-harvest operations, bioprocess design, plant biotechnology, process microbiology, food process engineering, environmental biotechnology, bioreactors, and packaging science.Information systems includes development and application of GIS and remote sensing, communications, mathematical modeling, environmental decision analysis and expert systems techniques to biological and agricultural systems.Land and water resources includes soil-water-plant relations, irrigation, water quality, watershed hydrology, BMP and TMDL studies, hydrologic modeling, ecological restoration, environmental fate and transport of nanoparticles, waste management, ecological and risk modeling and water reuse.Students also may choose to participate in interdisciplinary concentrations in hydrologic sciences, geographic information sciences, particle science and technology, and interdisciplinary ecology.
- Empirical Models of Crop Growth and Yield Response
- Advanced Agricultural Structures
- Advanced Agricultural Process Engineering
- Biological Systems Modeling
- Biological and Agricultural Systems Simulation
- Rheology and Mechanics of Agricultural and Biological Materials
- Advanced Applied Microbial Biotechnology
- Agricultural Waste Management
- Food and Bioprocess Engineering Design
- Applied Control for Automation and Robots
- Instrumentation in Agricultural Engineering Research
- Advanced Remote Sensing: Science and Sensors
- Advanced Soil and Water Management Engineering
- Simulation of Agricultural Watershed Systems
- Remote Sensing in Hydrology
- Nanotechnology in Water Research
- Advanced Heat and Mass Transfer in Biological Systems
- Agricultural Decision Systems
- Food and Bioprocess Sterilization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Agriculture View 365 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Florida and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.