We offer a Metallurgical Engineering degree from RWTH Aachen University. It is the basis for innovative products and new technological developments in the fields of industry, technology, and medicine.
- Research in this department focuses on materials design. It includes general research to ascertain the structure of and opportunities for optimising known materials, for example steel, aluminium, magnesium, glass, ceramic.
- Scientists in this division also deal with issues relating to surface technology, recycling, manufacturing, and processing using state-of-the-art production processes including quality assurance inspections.
- The program provides in-depth knowledge and understanding of metallurgical engineering. Its particular focus is on industrial R&D practices and modern manufacturing processes.
- The program aims at enhancing the students’ ability to design and manage projects and to lead and co-ordinate project teams.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 26 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Germany
- Copy of your transcript of records or your diploma supplement. Please submit a transcript of records with all the semesters you have studied. When you apply you have to be able to provide grades all the semesters you have studied except your last two semesters of study.
- A module catalog or course descriptions of all the courses you completed in your studies. If these are available on your university’s webpage, you can also upload a PDF that shows the link to this page. If you do not, or cannot upload a module catalog, the respective Examination Board will still review your application for your eligibility for your chosen course(s) of study. Your application may however have to be rejected due to your missing module catalog.
- If you are applying to start a course of study in a higher core semester: a copy of your final academic transcript.
- Tabular resume
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at RWTH Aachen University - this applies for international students as well!
Living costs for Aachen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.