During this Wireless Communication Engineering programme at the University of Oulu, students will develop the capability to design and implement wireless solutions, e.g., for future 5G networks, Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices and smart energy-efficient wireless sensor applications and they will gain relevant skills of the latest radio engineering methods, tools, and technologies, and ability to design RF electronics for smart phones and base stations of mobile systems.
The International Master’s Degree Programme in Wireless Communications Engineering (WCE) is a two-year programme concentrating on wireless communications network technology. The programme will give you relevant skills and core knowledge of the latest methods, tools and technologies combined with time-tested issues such as:
- advanced wireless communication systems
- communication networks
- computer engineering
- information theory
- stochastical and digital signal processing
- radio channels, and
- radio engineering.
The skills gained in the programme offer you a solid academic training and essential knowledge on the design of wireless communications networks at the system level. After graduation you are capable of designing, implementing and employing 5G and IoT applications and developing future wireless communications technologies.
Possible titles include:
- chief engineer
- design engineer
- development engineer
- maintenance engineer
- patent engineer
- program manager
- project manager
- radio network designer
- research engineer
- RF engineer
More informationVisit official programme website
- machine vision
- mobile and social computing
- signal processors, and
- video and biomedical signal processing.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 48 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A successful applicant has obtained their first academic degree, normally a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, from an institution of higher education. As a rule, the Bachelor’s degree is the lower academic degree. This degree should be equivalent of at least three years of full-time studies (180 ECTS).
- Students who are on their last term/semester of Bachelor’s studies can apply to study for a Master’s degree. Applicants with excellent academic records can be offered a conditional study placement.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.