Deepen and accentuate your knowledge in literary and cultural studies after your Bachelor’s degree, transfer theories and methods to compelling classics and contemporary texts, explore and discuss medial characteristics, cultural contexts and transcultural dimensions of literary text production, and as you do so develop and sharpen your own scientific profile: That’s what the Anglophone Literatures, Cultures an Media programme offered by Goethe University Frankfurt has to offer.
The studies help you to learn the ability of abstraction, articulateness, logical and deductive reasoning and discussion skills in several languages as well as the handling of media and presentation methods and of course enthusiasm for the subject.
Dedicated and curious students also benefit from the extensive range of guest lectures, conferences and workshops and the committed environment at Goethe University and can participate and actively shape university life.
- Literature and Media Culture (I): Key Concepts for the Study of Media and Intermediality
- Literature and Cultural History (I): Key Concepts for the Study of Literature in Historical Contexts
- Transcultural Anglophone Studies (I): Key Concepts for the Comparative Study of Anglophone Literatures and Cultures
- Literature and Media Culture (II): Literature as Medium of Cultural Communication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 84 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable degree in a similar or related subject
- Letter of Motivation in English language (at most 800 words)
- Proof of English language skills by certificates or another equivalent form of proof recognised by the examination office (Niveau C1)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Semester fee: 369 EUR
Living costs for Frankfurt am Main
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.