The promotion of international trade the exchange of capital, goods and services across international borders or territories is widely considered to be an indispensable element of international peace and stability.
For such trade to thrive, countries must have laws that allow modern contract practices and guarantee the rule of law in business transactions.
- The International Trade and Commerce Law program at Macquarie University is suitable for both law and non-law graduates seeking to extend their knowledge in this field.
- You'll develop an understanding of the specialised context in which law and legal principles apply in the area of international trade and commerce from interdisciplinary, international and comparative perspectives.
- You'll apply sophisticated legal research skills to the resolution of specific legal problems and to the formulation and articulation of international law and policy reform and corresponding application in domestic law.
- Opportunities will be available for you to carry out independent research and self-directed learning, so that you develop new and creative ideas and solutions to contemporary problems in the areas of international trade and commercial law.
This degree equips graduates with the skills and knowledge to pursue careers in:
- government departments and agencies,
- multinational corporations,
- international organisations dealing with finance, trade and development issues, import/export compliance, policy and law reform,
- national businesses engaging in international markets.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Law
- Research Methodologies in Law
- International Trade and Finance
- International Commercial Law
- Professional Skills and Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
DisciplinesInternational Development Commerce View 42 other Masters in International Development in Australia
CRICOS CODE: 045284M
AQF level 8 bachelor honours or graduate diploma qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, or
Meet two of the following three criteria:
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent
- Approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65
International38800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38800 AUD per year during 12 months.
National28800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.