We live today in an interconnected and globalised world. Yet conflict continues to impede international cooperation. The world has become more, rather than less, complicated. Being able to understand and evaluate global issues across the social, cultural, legal, political and economic spectrum, therefore, is a highly valued skill that is much desired by government, business and the non-government sector.
It will equip you for an international career in diplomacy, journalism, the NGO sector, international business or academia.
Career Opportunities after the International Relations program at Macquarie University
So that you’re equipped with the knowledge and skills employers require now and in the future, we design many of our degrees and courses in consultation with a range of industries and sectors. Having such experts involved in creating the fundamentals of your degree or course provides you with opportunities to contextualise your learning, and gain the latest career insights.
- Aid and development officer
- Intelligence analyst
- International trade specialist
- Policy analyst
- Regional business manager
- Research Methods in International Relations
- International Relations Practice
- Security in World Politics
- Understanding World Politics: Theoretical Approaches
- International Political Economy
- International Law and Global Governance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 60 other Masters in International Relations in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 099175C
- AQF level 8 bachelor honours or graduate diploma qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent
- Meet two of the following three criteria:
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent
- Approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65
International38000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38000 AUD per year during 12 months.
National29200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29200 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.