You’ll build your language skills, travel and work in a close-knit community. Our degrees will help build a career at home or internationally.
This Hispanic and Italian Studies program at University of Victoria, British Columbia lets you fully enjoy our department’s cross-disciplinary resources. We specialize in the rich cultural exchanges between Spain and Italy from the medieval period and Renaissance onward. You’ll match your interests in these periods to our faculty’s research specialties.
In this program, you’ll complete either a thesis or a non-thesis based project.
Areas of focus
- Medieval to Renaissance Italian literature
- The Middle Ages
- The Spanish Golden Age
- Colonial and 19th Century Latin American literature
- 20th Century Latin American literature to the present
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bibliography and Methods of Research
- Core Reading List Course
- Thesis-based Master’s
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Ancient History View 74 other Masters in Language Studies in Canada
- All candidates for these degrees must meet all the general requirements of the Faculty of Graduate Studies as well as the specific requirements of the Department of Hispanic and Italian Studies.
- Students may be admitted commencing September only of each year. Graduate course offerings in the summer period are limited.
- In addition to the documentation required by the Faculty of Graduate Studies (Faculty Admissions), the Department of Hispanic and Italian Studies also requires a statement of research intent.
- Admission to the thesis or project-based programs requires a bachelor’s degree (Major in Hispanic Studies or Hispanic and Italian Studies or equivalent) with a minimum overall average of B+ (6.0 GPA) or a bachelor’s degree (Major in Hispanic Studies or Hispanic and Italian Studies) with a minimum average of A- (7.0 GPA) in the final year’s work.
International5074 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5074 CAD per year during 24 months.
National4022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4022 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.