This Adult education & community engagement program will be of interest to:
- community activists
- adult and community educators and practitioners
- literacy and social workers
- workplace trainers and union workers
- arts and culture professionals
- artists and cultural practitioners
- employees in non-governmental, voluntary, women’s, inter-governmental and governmental organizations and agencies (national and international)
- college professors
- military and justice system workers
- anti-oppressive educators
Although students are allowed to choose any Leadership Studies elective courses, we've provided 2 course schedules for you which allows you to focus your course work in an area of your choosing such as Educational Administration and Leadership or Adult Education & Community Engagement. By following the scheduled courses you'll enter into the program of your choice in September and graduate in 5 terms. Contact our graduate advisor to select the program that meets your interests and goals. The Adult education & community engagement program is offered at University of Victoria, British Columbia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Community Leadership and Adult Learning
- Selected Topics: Narratives of Leadership and Inquiry
- Selected Topics: Community Engaged Learning & Practice
- Gender, Learning and Leadership
- Research Methods in Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Educational Psychology View 167 other Masters in Education in Canada
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with a B+ or higher average in the last two years of the degree.
- Two satisfactory assessment reports (requirement within online application).
- A brief resume.
- A statement of intent/interest in pursuing a Leadership Studies degree clearly indicating which stream they would like to be considered for.
- International applicants who possess a degree from a non-designated english speaking country will need to provide proof of english language proficiency. Note: departmental proficiency requirements differ from Graduate Admissions and Records.
Three years field experience or leadership role in education, community or public service.
International5074 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5074 CAD per year during 24 months.
National4022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4022 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.