In disciplines as diverse as biology, economics, actuarial studies, psychology, physics, archaeology, medicine and information technology, there is always a need for qualified statisticians to make proper sense of the data.
Upon successful completion of the Statistics program at the Australian National University, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate statistical computing skills for use in quantitative and data-based problem solving.
- Understand and be able to apply the processes and applications of: multiple linear regression, survey design; mathematical statistics, stochastic modelling, generalised linear modelling techniques; the principles of data representation, summarisation and presentation; multivariate statistical techniques; and, the role and notion of both parametric and non-parametric statistics.
- Analyse complex problems by running and interpreting time series models involving dynamic volatility and/or trends.
- Analyse and interpret data in various contexts using appropriate methodology.
- Work independently and collaboratively to collect, process, interpret and communicate the outcomes of fundamental research questions in applied statistics.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- Regression Modelling
- Principles of Mathematical Statistics
- Applied Statistics
- Generalised Linear Models
- Statistical Learning
- Statistical Inference
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics Statistics View 127 other Masters in Economics in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0, with at least one course in the field of mathematics that must cover calculus and linear algebra.
International47490 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47490 AUD per year during 24 months.
National33520 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33520 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.